The Galilee & Judea

Nazareth
Ein Kerem
Bethlehem
Jordan River
Mount of Temptation
Zippori
Cana
Capernaum
Sea of Galilee
Tabgha
Mount of Beatitudes
Kursi
Chorazin
Tiberias
Banias
Mount Tabor
Tiberias Print version

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

he Miracle of the Fishing and the transfer of authority to St. Peter were commemorated in the city by the Crusaders who built a church here dedicated to St. Peter. In 1870 the church was restored and a statue of St. Peter was placed in the courtyard. The apse of the church extends outward symbolizing the prow of St. Peterís boat. In front of the church are decorations of Polish knights, made by soldiers of the Free Polish army who were stationed in Tiberias during WWII.